Join the Zuid-Holland Online China Week November 29 – December 2, 2021
Generating business opportunities in China is challenging, especially during the Covid-19 pandemic. To support Zuid-Holland organizations and bridge the gap between China and the Netherlands, the Province of Zuid-Holland will organize an online trade mission between the 29th of November and the 2nd of December together with co-organizers such as Hebei Foreign Affairs Office, InnovationQuarter, Beijing Agriculture Bureau, CAU Futong, Chongming government and Shanghai Bright Food.
The province of Zuid-Holland maintains a government-to-government relationship with the province of Hebei, China, that is explicitly aimed at facilitating mutual business-to-business relationships. This relationship started in 1993 and turned into an official friendship relationship in 2007 by the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). Last year, both provinces decided to extend the MoU for the period 2021-2025. Feeding and greening the megacities, agri- and horticulture, sustainable urban development and water management form the basis of the cooperation.
Besides the relation with Hebei, the province of Zuid-Holland has successfully cooperated with Beijing, Chongming (Shanghai) and Shandong to facilitate business projects or events. For this reason, the scope of the online trade mission will be broader than only Hebei.
The Online China Week from Zuid-Holland will consist of several parts, including:
- Online (vice-)governor’s meeting between the governor of Hebei, Mr. Xu Qin and King’s Commissioner Jaap Smit, and between the vice-governor of Hebei Mrs. Xia Yanjun and vice-governor of Zuid-Holland Jeanette Baljeu about the content and implementation of the new MoU.
- Investment Promotion webinar, organized by Zuid-Holland and InnovationQuarter.
- Agricultural and Rural Development seminar, organized by CAU Futong, targeting county majors, local agriculture bureaus and businesses from all over China.
- Hybrid Executive Event, organized by Zuid-Holland Province and Shanghai Bright Food, with key notes from Bright Food’s Vice-President and Vice-Governor Meindert Stolk, including a round table discussion between agri-/horticulture companies.
- Webinar “Feeding & Greening the Megacity’’, organized by Zuid-Holland Province and Beijing Agriculture Bureau, focusing on Data Driven growing. The event will be combined with a business-to-business discussion.
- Seminar ‘’Climate adaptation’’, focusing on sustainable urban development and water management, co-organized by Hebei Water Department and Hebei Academy of Water Resources.
Zuid-Holland Province sincerely invites you to join one of the events during the Online China Week.
Please register by submitting this online registration form
Or contact Dutch Sino Business promotions via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via phone +31 (0) 10 310 08 29.